Sinclair Executives To Be Honored At The NAB Show; Leadership To Participate In Panel Discussions
BALTIMORE, April 4, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Executives from Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI), (the "Company," "Sinclair") will be honored with prestigious awards at the 2018 National Association for Broadcasters (NAB) Show next week in Las Vegas. In addition, members of the Company's leadership team will participate in many important panel discussions during the NAB Show, while the ONE Media and Sinclair teams will host ATSC 3.0 demonstrations.
Sinclair Vice President of Advanced Technology, Mark Aitken, will be awarded the 2018 NAB Television Engineering Achievement Award for his leadership in the development of Next Gen TV. In addition, Sinclair Chief Revenue Officer, Rob Weisbord, will be honored with the Technology Leadership Award, one of the most highly recognized tech awards in the TV industry, presented by the industry publications, Broadcasting & Cable and TV Technology to executives who've become outstanding tech leaders since the year 2000.
"Congratulations to Mark and Rob, on these well-deserved recognitions," said Chris Ripley, Sinclair's President and Chief Executive Officer. "We are very proud of them and the advances they have made for the industry. To be recognized by our peers for their contributions is a very high honor."
Sinclair's leadership will also will participate in the following presentations:
Saturday, April 7
- Fred Baumgartner, ONE Media Director NextGen TV Implementation will present the workshop: "Next Gen is OTT/OTA" at 9:55 a.m. in the North Hall meeting rooms N262-N264.
- Mark Aitken, Vice President of Advanced Technology, will share his expertise on Field Deployments of the ATSC 3.0 Standard at 3:20 p.m. in the North Hall meeting rooms N262-N264.
Sunday, April 8
- Mark Neerman, Regional News Director and News Director for Las Vegas station KSNV, will discuss The Future of Local News at 10:40 a.m. in the North Hall meeting rooms N262-N264.
- Fred Baumgartner will discuss Building the First Next Generation SFN at 11:00 a.m. in the North Hall meeting room N255.
- Jerry Fritz, EVP Strategic & Legal Affairs of ONE Media, will give a presentation on How the ATSC 3.0 Deployment Can be Better than that of ATSC 1.0 at 1:30 p.m. in the North Hall meeting room N260-D.
- Steve Pruett, EVP & Chief TV Development Officer, will join executives from Scripps and Gray Television on a panel at 4:00 p.m. to discuss how broadcasters are adapting in a changing industry. The panel is part of the half-day Devoncroft Executive Summit at The Wynn Las Vegas. (Note: Tickets for this event are separate from NAB registration.)
Monday, April 9
- Lucy Rutishauser, SVP & Chief Financial Officer, will participate in a panel on Accelerating Growth Through Transformative Talent Changes at 7:45 a.m. at the Alliance for Women in the Media Panel & Breakfast at the Westgate Hotel. (Note: Tickets for this event are separate from NAB registration.)
- Jason Justman, Senior Principal Architect – SinclairDigital, will discuss Multiplatform Distribution: The Challenges and Opportunities at 11:00 a.m. at Destination NXT SU11416DN.
- Del Parks, SVP & Chief Technology officer, will moderate several panels beginning at 3:20 p.m. in the North Hall room N255, discussing What is the Best UHD for Terrestrial Broadcast?; Effective Solution for Outside Sports Live UHDTV HDR/HDTV SDR Simultaneous Production; High Frame Rate and High Dynamic Range: Towards an Enhanced Video Experience; and Monitoring Metrics for New Video/Audio Technologies.
Tuesday, April 10
- Steve Pruett will offer his perspective on Broadcast TV's Future in the Online Video Era at 9:00 a.m. in the North Hall meeting rooms N262-N264.
- Mark Aitken, will participate in the discussion: The Future is Now: Maximizing the Potential of Next Gen TV, at 9:00 a.m. in room N258; and will be honored at the We Are Broadcasters Celebration on the North Hall Main Stage at 3:00 p.m., where he will receive his 2018 NAB Television Engineering Achievement Award.
- Greg Siegel, Vice President of National Sales, will participate in the discussion: How the Local TV Ecosystem is Streamlining the Transaction Workflow at 10:40 a.m. in room N260.
- JW Linkenauger, Vice President of Advanced Advertising Support Operations, will be at the Advanced Advertising Pavilion presented by AdMore to discuss Programmatic 2.0 – Bringing Global Brands into the Local Marketplace at 11:00 a.m..
Wednesday, April 11
- Rida Khan, Director of Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle Programming, will be at the DNXT South Spotlight: Focus on Branded Content, at 10:45 a.m. at Destination NXT SU11416DN.
- Del Parks, will join a panel entitled: Who Really Is Leading In Intelligent Data Management & Targeted Advertising Worldwide at 1:30 p.m. in the North Hall room N260.
- JW Linkenauger will discuss Seamless Ad Delivery Across TV and Online Video at 9:05 a.m. in the North Hall meeting rooms N260.
Thursday, April 12
- Del Parks, will moderate several panels in the North Hall room N256, beginning at 10:40 a.m. and discussing Converging new TV Technologies into a Unified Live Sports TV Experience; The 4K HDR Live Production Experience - Rio Carnival 2017; Immersive Audio with Remote Mixing of Rio´s Carnival 2017 - Live experience; SDI/IP Hybrid OB Van for 8K Live Production.
In addition, throughout the week, Sinclair will be demonstrating live broadcasts over the air from a Next Gen TV transmitter facility more than 10 miles away from the conference as part of the Conference's Next Gen TV Autonomous Transport.
Visit nabshow.com for information on credentials needed to attend the sessions.
Sinclair is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country. Pro forma for the Tribune acquisition (before any related divestitures), the Company will own, operate and/or provide services to 233 television stations in 108 markets. The Company has multiple emerging networks as well as stations affiliated with all the major networks. Sinclair is a leading local news provider in the country and a producer of live sports content. Sinclair's content is delivered via multiple-platforms, including over-the-air, multi-channel video program distributors, and digital platforms. The Company regularly uses its website as a key source of Company information which can be accessed at www.sbgi.net.
SOURCE Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
For further information: Lucy Rutishauser, SVP Chief Financial Officer, (410) 568-1500